Dear Hindell,

I am scared of how my spouse will react when I file for divorce. What can I do?

Nervous in Newton

If you are in “fear of imminent bodily harm” you can request a restraining order to keep your spouse away from you and keep you safe. If you do not meet the necessary standard for a restraining order, then seek a remedy from the court, such as an order to have your spouse vacant the marital home.

Hindell S. Grossman, Esq.
Grossman & Associates, Ltd.
(617) 969-0069


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s